Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day After Writing Group

As is the case with new obsessions, my writing career started yesterday and I am keeping up the two-day trend by writing today. I'm sure my zeal will not waver.

I re-read my posts from yesterday and think "wow, that was heavy" and "whoa, I was so full of myself when I was writing that". A myriad of other self-admonishments rise and fall away. "i need comedy today to balance all that heavy stuff". "I need to stop being lazy with capitalizing my I's". "is what i'm writing readable at all"? It's like the day after heavy drinking. Not that I ever drank heavily, Mom, I'm just guessing about how THAT feels.

Anyway, I'm writing today about writing. Maybe tomorrow I'll write about how writing about writing felt.

1 comment:

  1. Heavy is good. Your writing is good. And . . . Kate's Mom, Kate only drinks little bits at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete